Urinary tract infection occurs when the bacteria gets into the urine and starts to grow and turns into an infection. A urinary tract infection originates at the urethra opening where the urine leaves from the body and moves upward into the urinary tract. The main culprit of urinary tract infection is a type of bacteria known as Escherichia coli or E. coli which lives in the colon (bowel) and around the anus. The bacteria are found in the area around the anus to the opening of the urethra. These bacteria cause urinary tract infection. Generally, the bacteria get into the urethra from poor hygiene and sexual intercourse.
Emptying your bladder with excessive urination will help to flush out some of the bacteria from the urethra. But, if there are too many bacteria, than urinating won’t stop them the infection and bacteria from spreading. These bacteria travel up the urethra to the bladder where they can grow and cause a urinary tract infection. If the urinary tract infection reaches the kidney, it causes kidney infections which are considered as a very serious problem if not treated at time.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection:
Symptoms of urinary tract infection include strong and persistent urge to urinate, burning sensation while urinating, small amount of urine but most frequently, urine appearing cloudy, strong smell while urinating, pelvic pain in the women, and rectal pain in the men.
There are many specific signs and symptoms of urinary tract infection. If kidneys (acute pyelonephritis) are affected then the symptoms are upper back and side pain, vomiting, nausea, high fever, shaking and chills, etc. If the bladder (cystitis) is affected then the symptoms are considered as lower abdomen discomfort, blood in urine, pelvic pressure, frequent and painful urination. If urethra (urethritis) then the symptom is burning while urinating.
Some of the main causes for UTI is being female (women faces more times of this UTI rather than men why because women has shorter urethra than men and the bacteria must travel to reach the woman’s bladder), sexually active, usage of certain types of birth control, menopause, blockages in the urinary tract, urinary tract abnormalities, insufficient nutrition, suppressed immune system, catheter usage, etc. If left untreated, it causes recurrent infections, permanent kidney damages, increased risk of delivering low birth weight or premature infants.
The good news is there are certain herbs and food items that can be used as effective home remedies to treat urinary tract infection. Maintaining proper hygiene and cleanliness is the best way to prevent a urinary tract infection. It’s been proven that about 40% of women and 12% of men suffer from a urinary tract infection at some time in their life. UTI is the most common urinary problem in children besides bedwetting.
Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI):
Urinary tract infection is a painful infection, but you can utilize some effective home remedies to ease the discomfort naturally without the usage of any dangerous antibiotics and other prescription medications.
1. Baking Soda:
Baking soda helps to neutralize the acid in the urine with its alkaline property. This also helps to make you feel comfortable while passing your urine without pain or burning (or with less pain). But make sure that not to use too much of baking soda as it is not good for your intestine.
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Take baking soda and add this to water
- Stir it well and drink this to get relief from the urinary tract infection.
- Regularize this process of consume this once or twice a day till you get complete relief from the UTI.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar has a rich source of enzymes, potassium and other minerals that help to prevent the bacteria causing the urinary tract infection from either multiplying or growing. It stabilizes the natural pH level of the body so that it would reduce the itching and irritation caused by it. People those who suffers from the UTI will use apple cider vinegar as a natural antibiotics to cure the infection completely and regular usage can prevent the re-occurrence of this infection.
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 1 glass
- Lemon juice
- Take apple cider vinegar and add this to a glass of water
- Mix it well and then add lemon juice and organic honey to it
- Stir well and drink this to get relief from this urinary infections
- Continue taking this twice a day till you get complete and proper relief from the UTI and its symptoms.
3. Cranberry Juice:
Cranberries contain certain compounds called proanthocyanidins that helps to prevent the E.coli bacteria from entering into the urinary bladder lining and urethra but remember that it can’t treat the problem. So taking pure, unsweetened cranberry juice will kill the bacteria with its mild antibiotic property and also helps to block them from lodging. And when you urinate, then the bacteria get flushed away from the body and keep this from sticking to the bladder wall. You have to take 50 – 150 ml of pure cranberry juice every day or if you want to dilute the juice to increase the quantity (16 – 32 ounces) of unsweetened juice) or you can have 400 milligrams of this cranberry extract in the supplement form daily till you get complete relief from the UTI. But be ready to face the side effects of the cranberry juice as this may hamper your regular medications which you’re using for UTI and this may also leads to the formation of the kidney stones.
- Cranberry juice – 1/2 glass
- Apple juice (optional)
- Take plain, unsweetened and drink this daily to prevent the urinary tract infection.
- For those who are suffering from the UTI should drink this for 3 – 4 glasses by mixing apple juice (to enhance the taste) to it.
- Remember that you may suffer from diarrhea if you drink more than 3 liters of cranberry juice in a day. Also it is not that much effective for men.
4. Marshmallow Root Tea:
Marshmallow root is an herb that contains demulcent, emollient and diuretic properties that help to sooth the urinary system. It also soothes the irritated and inflamed tissues of the bladder and finally nourishes those tissues. It works in such a way that it increases the acidity of the bladder and thus inhibits the bacterial growth. Marshmallow root can effectively treat the kidney problems including kidney stones and other bladder inflammations when it mixed with other diuretic herbs. It is considered as the safe for everyone including pregnant, nursing women and babies and this also stops the bleeding in the urine (if any). Have a look on how to make marshmallow tea with cold infusion method.
Method – 1:
- Marshmallow root
- Lukewarm water
- Jar with a lid
- Take marshmallow root and place it in a jar so that the root has to fill 1/4 of the jar
- Then fill the whole jar by adding sufficient amount of lukewarm water
- Now cover the lid and let it sit for overnight or at least soak it for 4 – 5 hours
- In the next morning, strain the water which is thick and viscous golden yellow or somewhat brownish water.
- Drink this tea throughout the day for about 5 – 7 cups to soothe the bladder and other urinary tract problems.
- Remember that this marshmallow tea not only gives comfort from the urinary tract infection but also gives complete relief from the heartburn and acid reflux.
- Regular intake of this tea will definitely help to cure the urinary tract infections.
Method – 2:
- Marshmallow root (fresh or dried) – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Cheese cloth
- Water – 1 cup (or 8 – 10 oz)
- Honey to taste
- Take marshmallow root and chop them finely
- Tie it up in small square of the cheesecloth
- On the other hand, place 8 – 10 ounce of water in stove and bring it to boil
- Now take the herb bundle in a mug and cover it with water
- Let it steep for about 10 minutes and then add a little of honey to it as per your taste
- Mix it and drink this 2 – 3 times a day till you get complete cure from the UTI.
5. Indian Gooseberry:
Indian gooseberry or amla has rich amount of vitamin C that in turn inhibits the bacterial growth and also keeps your bladder healthy by boosting up the immune system of the body. It has natural antibacterial property that kills the bacterial infection and flushes out the toxins from the body.
Method – 1:
- Indian gooseberry (Amla) powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Take a cup of water and pour it in a saucepan and place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Then add a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder and a pinch of turmeric powder into it
- Stir it well and boil it for few minutes till the water evaporates and becomes half of the quantity.
- Allow it to cool down for few minutes and then drink this warm to get complete relief from the UTI.
- Regular intake of this residue for 3 times a day for about 5 – 7 days will make you completely get rid of the urinary tract infection and also from other bladder infections.
Method – 2:
- Indian gooseberry powder – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Take powdered Indian gooseberry and mix it in a glass of water.
- Consume this solution every day early in the morning on empty stomach.
- Drink this for 2 – 3 times a day to treat the urinary and other bladder problems.
- Or add 60 grams of amla powder in 30 grams of honey and take this dose for thrice a day by mixing it well.
Cinnamon is a powerful herb that kills those E. coli bacteria which causes UTI. It is also proved in a study done at Germany that cinnamon kills the bacteria. Make a tea by using this cinnamon to get relief from the UTI.
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Take warm water in a cup and add cinnamon powder to it
- Stir it well and drink this
- But make sure that to keep a spoon ready while drinking this tea to stir it occasionally because cinnamon will not blend easily with the water and you have to stir it and drink this till you finish the drink.
- Remember to drink once a day to prevent the UTI but you have to take 3 – 4 cups a day if the infection has already sets in your body.
- Cinnamon is an herb which can stop or delay the menstruation, so you may skip one or more periods if you use this cinnamon in high quantities.
- It is also used as a contraceptive, so if you’re planning to conceive or already pregnant means, never use this remedy in curing the UTI why because it can also induce labor.
- Also don’t apply this on the kids who are below 2 years of age.
- Use low quantity of cinnamon initially while making the tea to the older people or the people who are above 65 years of age.
7. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that fight against the bacteria causing the bladder infections or UTI. It is considered as an excellent UTI home remedy but remember that it cannot be consumed orally and has to be applied externally (for external use only).
Method – 1:
- Tea tree oil – 10 drops
- Take tea tree oil and add this to your bath water
- Stir it well and have bath with this water
- But remember that wash your urethra opening with this water
Method – 2:
- Tea tree oil
- Juniper oil
- Sandalwood oil
- Take few drops of tea tree oil and add equal quantities of the juniper oil and sandalwood oil to it.
- Mix it well and rub this mixture on the abdominal region and on the area near the bladder.
- Let it sit for few minutes and this process works very effective in reducing the pain that caused by the UTI.
- Continue doing this once a day for about 3 – 4 days to get complete relief from the UTI.
Method – 3:
- Tea tree oil – 6 drops
- Plain yogurt – 2 teaspoons
- Warm water
- Pour tea tree oil in the warm bath water and then add plain yogurt into it
- Stir it well and soak yourself in this water mixture for 10 minutes.
- Soaking daily for 10 minutes for about 10 days will definitely helps to cure the UTI.
8. Peppermint, Ginger and Juniper Berry Tea:
Peppermint and ginger helps to alkalize the urine and makes it less acidic which in turn help to prevent the burning sensation that caused by UTI. Juniper berries here acts as diuretic that stimulates the kidney and bladder to make it more easier to pee. Ginger and mint has anti-inflammatory property that lessens the pain and inflammation. Here the recipe of how to make this combination tea to treat the UTI and its symptoms effectively.
- Fresh mint leaves – 1/3 cup
- Ginger (freshly grated) – 2 teaspoons
- Dried juniper berries – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Water – 4 cups
- Lemon slices
- Take mint leaves, grated ginger and dried juniper berries
- Combine all these in pot and add water to it
- Let it simmer it for about 7 – 10 minutes and strain it to discard the solids
- Stir it well by adding a little bit of honey to it and have this with the slice of lemons (if desired)
- Drinking this tea 2 – 3 times a day will definitely helps to treat the UTI.
Chamomile treats UTI as well as cystitis and bladder problems very well. It acts as an excellent curative for many health conditions, diseases and infection. It also has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that treats the infection and gives relief from the pain caused by it. It is a natural relaxant and has some compounds that help to reduce the muscles spasms, pain and inflammation. It is a sedative that relaxes your body.
- Dried chamomile herb or a teabag
- Boiling water
- Take a cup and add chamomile flowers or a tea bag in it
- Then pour boiling water over it and allow it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Now strain the tea or remove the teabag from it and drink this to cure the infection.
- To get more effective results, drink this tea thrice a day till you get relief from the symptoms.
- Or else you add this strong infusion of chamomile tea into your bath water to ease the painful symptoms of the urinary bladder.
- It is considered as one of the best and safe UTI home remedy that has no side effects and it can given to the children also to cure their UTI.
10. Coriander Powder:
Coriander powder is considered as an Ayurvedic remedy to treat the UTI. In Ayurveda, it is clearly stated that the excessive heat of the body and high pitta dosha are responsible for this burning sensation that occurred while urinating. So you should not eat too hot and spicy foods, have this spice coriander have cooling properties can definitely help you to cure the UTI. Make a coriander seeds tea by adding cumin and fennel seeds (optionally). This process has good anti-inflammatory property and digestive beverage that eliminates the burning sensation while urinating.
- Coriander seeds powder – 3 tablespoons
- Rock candy powder (or else unrefined sugar) – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 3 cups
- Earthen pot or vessel
- Take a vessel and pour 3 cups of water in it
- Then add coriander seed powder and rock candy powder to it
- Stir it well and allow it to soak for overnight
- In the next day, stir it again to mix the powder that settles down
- Have this 1 cup each for thrice a day to prevent the UTI
- Regular intake of this tea will effectively prevent the urinary tract infection and you can use either coriander spice or cilantro in place of coriander seeds.
Parsley acts as diuretic which helps to treat many problems and works well by increasing the sodium amount in your kidneys to excrete urine. So to increase the urine amount which help to flush out the bacteria and relieving the discomfort. Here parsley works by inhibiting the sodium and potassium pump. So by inhibiting the re-absorption, the sodium levels will rise. Finally to balance out the concentration, kidneys will excrete more sodium in the urine. This rise in sodium result in more water that means an overall increase in the urine output and thereby removing the bacteria and other symptoms of UTI.
Method – 1: (Using Fresh Parsley)
- Fresh parsley – 1 cup
- Water – 1 to 3 cups
- Take a pan and add water into it and place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring the water to a boil and then add fresh parsley in it
- Now reduce the heat to simmer and boil it for few minutes
- Let the leaves infuse in water for about 6 – 10 minutes
- Strain the leaves out and then drink this hot water or else you can drink this like refreshing parsley iced tea by popping it on the fridge.
- Continue drinking this daily until you get relief from the UTI and its symptoms.
Method – 2: (Using Dried Parsley)
- Dried parsley – 2 tablespoons
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Take a cup and add dried parsley into it
- Then pour boiling water into it and cover it
- Allow it to steep for about 8 – 10 minutes before straining.
- Have this tea to get complete cure from the UTI and regular intake will yield best results over urinary tract infection.
12. Hot Compress:
Hot water compress will help to minimize the bladder pressure and finally gives you relief from the pain and the infection. This compress not only decreases the inflammation but also prevents the growth of the bacteria which causing you the infection.
- Hot water bottle
- Heating pad
- Take some hot water in a flexible water bottle and place this hot water bottle on the lower abdomen
- Let it sit for few minutes and then take it out and place it like that till you get some relief from the pain.
- But remember to keep the heat setting low and limit it for about 15 minutes at a time to prevent the burns on the skin and also to cure the infection and other symptoms of UTI.
- Or you can place a heating pad on the lower abdominal area to complete relief from the pain
- Regular follow up of this hot compress will cure the infection.
Celery seeds acts as diuretics and has butylphthalide that is a main constituent of celery oil. If parsley water has not shown that much effective to you in relieving the UTI then simply chew a handful celery seeds to increase the production of urine. Or if you want more fluid then make celery seed water by simply following this process.
- Celery seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water
- Take a cup and add celery seeds into it
- Then pour boiling water over it and cover it to steep for few minutes
- Now strain the seeds out and drink this tea to get rid of the urinary tract infection.
- Or else take handful of celery seeds and have it like a snack right after taking your meal which helps to get faster digestion and if you take this daily, you can easily prevent the UTI and ease their symptoms with its anecdotal property.
14. Ginger Tea:
Ginger is also considered as a best UTI home remedy. Prostaglandin synthesis is a process that creates little messengers and this will communicate about a variety of the biological process like as inflammation. Ginger contains some chemical make-up that allows it to block the prostaglandin synthesis to cure the urinary tract and other bladder infections by reducing the pain in such a way that they transmit the pain signals to the neurons that in turn help to reduce the inflammation and there by reduces the pain caused by UTI. Ginger also exhibits antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that prevents the bacterial overgrowth and reduces the pain that was associated with this UTI condition. This has the same effect as using OTC anti-inflammatory medications by without any side effects.
- Dried ginger powder or a fresh ginger root
- Boiling water
- Lemon juice
- Take a inch of fresh ginger or a tablespoon of dried ginger powder
- Add a cup of boiling water into it and allow it to steep for about few minutes
- Then strainer the tea into another cup
- Now you can add lemon juice and a little of honey into it
- Stir it well and then drink this to get cure the UTI and to ease the painful symptoms.
Garlic contains antibacterial and anti-microbial properties that help to clear the infection. Despite of its uncomfortable odor, it is well – known for its smooth functioning of the body. As this helps to treat the problems of heart, blood and other parts of the body.
- Garlic cloves – 3 to 4
- Take garlic cloves and eat them thoroughly
- Then drink a lot of water to flush out the toxins and bacteria out of the body and the tract.
- You will get relief from the infection as it kills the bacteria in a span of a day in the urinary tract.
Horseradish is a native from Europe and a considered as a member of the cabbage family. Horseradish is always known for its spicy, pungent, sinus – clearing spread that made from this white roots of the plant. This has a natural compound in the plant, allyl isothiocyanate (AITC) which as a strong anti-microbial effect. AITC is a bacterium that means it kills the bacteria outright. But whereas cranberries and blueberries are bacteriostatic which means it inhibits the reproduction of the bacteria. Horseradish will do this by attacking the cellular membrane of bacterium and makes it impossible to viable or survive and cures the infection and also prevents its re-occurrence.
- Fresh horseradish root – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water or milk – 1 glass
- Take fresh horseradish and grate them finely
- Then take a teaspoon of this grated horseradish and have this twice a day
- Maximum dosage is that 1 ½ teaspoon for three times daily but make sure to stop this if your stomach get upset.
- If you feel hard to have this spice then a glass of water or milk will help to make you feel better as this spread the spice around.
17. Horsetail and Dandelion Tea:
Horsetail is a wonderful herb that soothes the UTI because of its ability to tighten the inflamed epithelial tissues with tannis (which is an astringent commonly found in the bitter plant matter). This helps to flush out the bacteria and toxins from the urinary tract by filtering thoroughly throughout the kidneys and this also increases the urine production and there by its frequency to urge. Flavonoids in it will help to calm spasms that accompany UTI. Dandelion in this process acts as diuretic that stimulates the kidneys and bladder.
- Dried horsetail – 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Dried dandelion – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Tea pot
- Take dried horsetail and dried dandelion in a mug
- Then bring water to boil by placing it on the stove
- Now pour this water over the herbs and let it steep for about 8 – 10 minutes by covering it thoroughly
- Strain the tea and drink this by adding a little of honey will cure the urinary tract infection.
- Intake of this tea daily for 2 times will be more beneficial to clear the urinary and other bladder problems.
18. Cream of Tartar and Lemon:
Cream of tartar and lemon is an old remedy but works well to cure the urinary tract infection. Cream of tartar will work by changing the pH of the urine and makes less friendly environment that further makes the bacteria harder to thrive into your body. Lemon juice has vitamin C and this combination becomes like a powerful concoction that prevents the bacteria and cure the UTI completely quickly and effectively.
- Cream of tartar – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Lemon juice
- Warm water – half to one cup
- Take cream of tartar and add this to warm water
- Stir it well by adding a little of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice in it
- Drink this once or twice a day to prevent the UTI
- Have this daily to complete cure the infection and also prevent its future coming.
Blueberries and cranberries belong to same plant family that has the same property of inhibiting the bacteria to cure the UTI with its little anti-bacterial property. It contains anti-oxidants that help to boost your immune system and prevent the problem. You can easily find a gallon of blueberry juice at your local store and have this by sprinkling a handful of these flavorful berries over the morning cereals and take this as you’re breakfast. You can also make fresh blueberry juice and have this twice a day i.e. once in the morning and at night for quick results without adding any artificial sweetener to it. Regular intake of these berries in any way will yield the same effect as the cranberries will do to clear the UTI.
Bromelain is an effective enzyme that has found in pineapple. It has been proved that this bromelain which has anti-inflammatory property along with their usual round of antibiotics will help to get rid of the urinary tract and other bladder infections. Eat a cup of pineapple everyday which tastes good and help you to clear the infection. Or you can also make a fresh pineapple juice rather than canned version that has artificial preservatives and drink this regularly to get quick relief from any kind of infection. It shows very effective results over the UTI as the people who take placebo plus an antibiotic has not showed any signs of curing this problem.
21. Uva Ursi:
Uva ursi is an herbal remedies that has number of substances that fight against the infections including this UTIs. It contains several chemicals that have anti-septic property to clear the infection. You can easily find this herb in any natural health stores. Whenever you take this supplement then the antiseptic property in this herb kills the bacteria that causing the infection and stimulates the urination. But remember that the people who are suffering from kidney or liver problems, pregnant or nursing women and children should not take this uva ursi herb without consulting your doctor.
Cucumber is great for its high water content that helps to get extra fluids in your system and makes you find yourself having a hard time for drinking enough of water. This further helps to get rid of the bacteria and other things which cause UTI and prevent the infection by increasing the frequency of urine. For you have to take a cucumber and wash it thoroughly and then slice it finely to eat it throughout the day. Regular intake of this cucumber will makes you feel hydrated and also keeps you healthy.
Yogurt has probiotics which is considered as the good bacteria that definitely helps to keep the bad bacteria causing the UTI at bay. Taking yogurt daily means it replaces the bad bacteria with good bacteria. This is very much helpful if you’re taking any antibiotics for treating the Urinary Tract Infection which wipe off the natural and good bacteria of the body. Yogurt also has live active cultures that clear the urinary problems and you can also take this probiotic supplement in any pill form to get the same benefits as yogurt in curing the UTI and restoring the healthy and good bacteria.
24. Diet Plan:
Planning your diet with all these essential things will make you get relief from the urinary tract infection.
Let’s see how to prepare your daily diet plan.
- Drinking a lot of water for not only to avoid UTI but also keep your overall functioning of the body well. This will flush away the bacteria and puts you in the right tract for complete recovery from many health problems.
- You have to stay hydrated by not only drinking water but also you can take any fresh fruits or vegetable juices. This provides your body with the essential vitamins and minerals that are required to treat the infection by boosting the immune system.
- Reduce too hot, sour or spicy in your daily diet to prevent the irritation and itching in the urinary tract.
- Have vitamin C rich food (like lemons, banana, oranges, melon, raspberries, tomatoes, papaya, pineapple, kiwi, guava, etc.) in your diet especially more of vitamin C (at least 5000 mg or more per day) whenever you’re suffering from the urinary and bladder problems. Vitamin C will make your urine more acidic in nature and that effectively fights against the bacteria in your tract. You can also take vitamin C supplements if you’re suffering from the active urinary tract infection.
- Cut off the irritants things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, nicotine, artificial sweeteners, carbonated drinks, etc. will irritate the bladder further and makes it hard to heal from the body.
- Focus on the healthy and beneficial food like high fiber carbohydrates and healthy fats like olive oil which are considered as the good and healthy oil for digestive system’s health.
People, who are more prone to this UTI, will have to follow these hygiene rules to prevent the problem and also to stay healthy and happy.
- Never ever suppress the urge to urinate. If you do like this means you’re holding the bacteria and not allowing it to pass out of the body. This finally leads to infection.
- After passing urination, its best to wipe from front to back but not from back to front why because from back to front means you’re increasing the chances of anus bacteria to come in contact with the urethra.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after every visit to the toilet. This helps to prevent the UTI and also keeps you healthy. By chance if you’re hands get dirty due to the fecal matter then wash your hands once again before you wipe it off otherwise this fecal bacteria can cause 80 – 95% of the urinary infections.
- Don’t wash your genital area with any fragrant soap or any other lotions. Also you must avoid the usage of deodorants because they destroy the body’s natural protective barrier and makes you more prone to the urinary infections.
- Wearing comfortable cotton underwear (not too tight) will keep the area dry that prevent the bacteria growth (as moist environment will promote the growth of bacteria and causes infection).
- Must remember that before and after the sexual intercourse, always urinate and wash those private parts well. It’s a wise advice to use condoms other than diaphragm. Don’t douche and also consider alternatives for spermicides, as both of these processes will irritate the delicate tissue around the urethra and raises the chances to get the infection.
- Always use sanitary napkins rather than tampons during your menstrual periods but make sure to change the napkins during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 – 45 minutes will also help to boost up your immune system and makes you less prone to any kind of the infection and feel active throughout the day.
- The inflammation and irritation from this UTI will in turn causes burning pressure and pain around the public area. So to prevent the problem, apply some heating pad that helps to soothe the area.
- Always empty your bladder every time, even though it is just a small amount you can get rid of the some of the bacteria that causing the infection. So go ahead and keep those bathroom runs properly to clear the bladder and urinary tract infection.
- Regular usage of the herbal remedies will also give complete relief from the urinary tract infection. Some of the herbs like Uva Ursi have anti-inflammatory property that clears all the irritation and inflammation caused by UTI. In addition, the herbs like goldenseal and Oregon grape root will help to fight against E. coli, a bacteria which is causing UTI.
- Be sure to consult your doctor before using these natural or herbal remedies why because they also cause some side effects which sometimes become serious (or) to clear some symptoms like blood in the urine, vomiting or any high fever.
- Stop the usage of potentially irritating feminine products or deodorants sprays like douches and powders, in genital area can irritate the urethra.
- If you’re unable to tolerate the pain then take some nonprescription pain relievers like acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin can ease the pain during the infection.
- Its best to avoid the 4C’s means chocolate, citrus, carbonation and the caffeine. All these 4 things should be avoid if you’re getting the UTI frequently. As all these will irritate the lining of the bladder and potentially make it more easier for the bacteria to enter into the urethra. Here citrus will increase the urine acidity that in turn makes you feel more painful to pee.
The above stated home remedies are natural and effective in dealing with the urinary tract infection and other bladder problems. If you didn’t notice any improvement in UTI and its symptoms within 3 – 4 days after using these remedies and following these tips then make a trip to your doctor to get further diagnosed and cure the infection completely otherwise it will lead to any serious health condition like it infect the kidneys, causes other bladder problems, etc. So be sure to follow these remedies regularly to completely cure the infection and prevent its recurrence.
This is all about home remedies for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) and tips. Hope you like it and give a trial to cure your UTI problem with these remedies. I think you know other effective remedies to treat this UTI problem. So please share your experience with us after trying this or if you know any other remedies for UTI